Sunday, December 4, 2011

Laundry Soap!

Pinterest has become my new addiction. I have found SO many things I want to try. So every once in awhile when I have time, I try it!
Here is one:
Homemade Laundry Soap

This makes about 168 loads for 10 bucks!!

You need: 
4 bars Fels Naptha soap
1 box Borax
1 box Arm&Hammar Washing Soda
1 container
*All of this stuff can be found at Walmart on the same aisle as the laundry soap!


First: Grate the soap with a cheese grater. This takes some work so feel free to make someone help!

Next: Put the grated soap into your container.
         Pour 6 cups of Borax into the container
         Pour 6 cups Arm&Hammar into the container

 
When it is all in the container, SHAKE it UP!


This makes about 168 loads for 10 bucks!

Just some notes: I did this with a friend so we split it in half. We will each have about 85 loads for 5 bucks each! This soap doesn't have a scent but you can either get the scent from fabric softener or there is power scent stuff you can buy to add it in if you really want it. Also, it does not suds as much as a normal laundry soap, but it still does the job!











No comments:

Post a Comment