Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sweet Notes and Hymns

Two of my most favorite things: Sweet little notes and hymns.

A couple of weeks ago I had probably one of the roughest weeks I have had in months. I won't go into all of it but by Friday, I was physically and mentally exhausted. It was just one of those weeks for the books! We all have them sometimes!

 It was Friday afternoon and I was saying goodbye to the crazy week! I was leaving work and getting into my car ready to just head home and chill for the night. The weekend was going to be hectic also so I was just preparing myself and praying as I walked to my car that I could relax for a minute! I slip into my car and see a sweet note from my husband. He will hate me but this is what it read ( oh and pardon the Pryor taught spelling:))


I wont leave you hanging either, this was the song playing:


My love for hymns goes way back. I really do like new music and its awesome but sometimes I think the words and images captured in some hymns have no match to some songs today. Call me traditional, whatever, but my husband knows me so well and knew exactly what I needed to hear that day. Hymns are really not the way he worships but I love that he supports me! Its so encouraging to have someone looking out for my spiritual being and reminding me that even on the worst of days/weeks, there is someone greater that I should look to and lean on. When my husband has no words to relieve my stress, there is someone greater that does:) Im so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment