Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family

For some reason or another it it always late at night that I feel like I should write a blog. This particular night, I can't sleep with all of this on my mind. I had to get it out. I don't even know where to begin.


Family:
The most basic definition(s) follows: a group of persons closely related by blood, as parents,children, uncles, aunts, and cousins:  all those persons considered as descendants of a common progenitor.


I have really been struggling with this for a few days. Family is so important to me. These are the people that have your back. These are the people that support you. These are the people that are there FOREVER. Friends really do come and go throughout our lives. Family is CONSTANT. We are blood-related. We can never get away from that no matter how hard we try. This means something to me. I cant get away from it.


Growing up, I remember my extended family being close. We talked, we shared, we cared. As the years have gone on something has changed. I don't really know the change, but I just know that I don't like it. I suppose this is natural and at some point, every family probably experiences it. It's a separation. Time and distance are much to blame. Our busy lives are much to blame. Petty disagreements are much to blame. It's not one single reason. It's not one single person. Over the past few years this has especially bothered me because I see it getting worse with time. I dont have the answer and I dont know how it can change or be made better. We are all so different and   I think the only thing we can do is embrace that and accept it. We are all so unique and that what makes this family so special. Just embracing each other and our different paths would make a world of difference. I hope that you feel the same way. One of my biggest fears as of now, is that it will take some type of tragedy to help this. I REALLY hope not. I REALLY hope that even if it starts with me, that something can swing this separation the other way.  

I know that some of my family is reading this and I want them to. That was the intent of this. Not to make anyone mad at all or stir some drama, but just to bring it to the table. Just so someone knows that I want us to be closer. Just so someone knows that we are here to support each other. We may be far away, but we are family and we are never too far away to have contact. Feel free to leave me your thoughts:) I would honestly love to hear them!

Karen




No comments:

Post a Comment