Friday, May 20, 2011

Cooking Shows

Ok so I have the morning off work and I found myself watching cooking shows on tv. Why? I really don't know but that's what I did. I enjoy watching the chefs make things that in the end look so wonderful but it always leads me to a few questions.

1) Do people really watch these shows and try to make the stuff on their own at home?
* I ask this because I mean its great to watch but they usually make things I would never make at my house. Maybe I am too simple.

2) Do you have some of these ingredients just laying around your kitchen?
*Once again, maybe I am too simple and I do not have some of these crazy ingredients just in my kitchen cabinet.

3) This is off of question 2, but if I don't have these ingredients I obviously would have to buy them but I'm not convinced it would be an affordable meal and I am a cheap shopper!

I love finding new recipes and things to cook but they must be simple and affordable. So if anyone reads this, let me know what your favorite simple and affordable meals are!

2 comments:

  1. i like to watch as well and i sometimes get ideas from these shows but never make the exact meal they do. i like to modify to the ingredients that i have available!
    - i did an email recipe exchange with some of my friends up here of some of our "staple" meals. still feel like a beginner on cooking but luckely my husband loves to cook too and he adds the "blam" to most of our meals!(he spices everything) but i do not mind at all because Ryan is a very picky eater and quite honest if he does not like something!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking shows too. Especially Top Chef. But I would almost NEVER make anything on those shows. I'm pretty picky and simple and most of the food is too "fancy" for my tastes, but its fun to watch and imagine trying at least some of it.

    ReplyDelete