Monday, May 9, 2011

Beautiful.

I am reposting this because I simply think it is amazing. Jeremey and I attended the memorial of a 3 month old child this weekend.This family was so good to us during a time that we had no idea what we were doing or where we were heading and although we don't live close anymore or see them often these days, we have great respect for them. Anyway, here is the story written from Sawyer's mother.


These were the words God gave me for me sweet Sawyer Gray the day of his memorial. I need to share them because it was not in vain that his life was short! Please I beg you if there is a question of Gods love for you or His absolute Grace in the moment of need take heart!!! If this broken mother can stand before a crowd and speak these words know that ALL THINGS are possible through Christ!

I want to tell you the story of my Sawyer Gray. When I found out that we were expecting our fourth child I want to be honest and say the news was not greeted with much enthusiasm. Besides the fact that four children is an overwhelming responsibility my last two were born very prematurely. But surprise. God was again blessing us with round 4. I rolled up my sleeves and decided to go to battle for this one. He was not going to suffer for weeks in a hospital like his brothers and my family was not going to endure that pain again. It was a struggle and many of you here today prayed for him and I thank you for that. One week shy of 33 I went into labor. I started praying and praying then listening. I made God a promise that night that if he gave me this baby healthy and ready for this world then I would give him back to Him. Now at the time you understand I thought I would raise a Godly man someone who would do great things for the kingdom of Christ. Or some missionary who never got to come home to me for Christmas. I was willing to bargain for those things. I was willing to sacrifice for those.Sawyer was born on January 8th his brothers second birthday. He was perfect healthy fearfully and wonderfully made. Gods promise fulfilled..... I did not know then that he would want him back so soon. But I do not regret the the promise I made that night! Because he might have only lived on this earth 117 days but God is using him to do great things today and will continue to do so in our family. I will never see Sawyer run and play with his brothers. I will never celebrate the day he accepted Christ like my daughter but Philippians chapter 1:6 says " be confident of this , that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus .".I wanted to end by saying Sawyer Gray Maxwell lived 117 days but His mercy is still new every morning. And His grace will always be sufficient for me. Thank you


BEAUTIFULLY SAID!
Please keep this family in your prayers, I know they greatly appreciate it!
If you would like to read more you can go to this site:
http://www.jmaxministries.com/ 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment