Wednesday, July 27, 2011

CD's from Mom

Since I moved away from home almost 5 years ago, my mom often sends me little things in the mail.
My mom is amazing at finding random songs. Sometimes I will call and say 'hey mom, theres this song that goes like this....what is it?" She usually knows it. I have no idea how. I can never ever remember titles of songs or who sings what.
Anyhow she will often send a cd of random songs that I have either requested or random ones that she has found. I sometimes get tired of listening to the radio so I will pull out a random CD and listen to every song that Mom has picked.
 Today I found this song on one of the many cd's she has given me. (Im not a fan of the video but its all I could find)


Somedays the "routine" of life is somewhat boring. Let's face it, it's true! For some reason though, I found myself reflecting on the words of this random song today. It's really a crazy life sometimes, but it's worth it. It's exciting even when it just doesn't seem that way. It's an adventure even when this routine girl would like to just stick to the routine. We don't always know where we are going, but would it be exciting if we always did!? Im not one that embraces change easily, so as I'm writing this I realize how much God has taught me to RELAX in recent days! Its much easier said than done.

 I choose to live in each moment, even when I would like to forget it. I will keep changing poopy pants at work everyday, even if I really don't want to.

Its a crazy life, but the happiness outweighs the sad. The good trumps the bad. My Jesus guides me through even the most routine, boring, and not so fun moments of my day. My Jesus makes this life so much more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment