Saturday, July 2, 2011

Love Story Part 2

The Engagement:
It was december of the following year. Yes, only one year after we started dating. A few close friends of ours had already gotten engaged and I was convinced it wasn't happening to me anytime soon. I had tried to guess every time he would have proposed but I was wrong every single time. So I just gave up guessing.

I knew he had the ring though. Nosy me found the receipt one day and of course I couldn't help myself to not look at it! I knew he had that thing somewhere! This is crazy but every time He would leave his apt for whatever reason I would search for the thing. Guess what....I NEVER found it! He was such a good ring hider! ( I seriously only found out like a month ago where he actually hid it.)

So Im at work one day and my friend/coworker asks me if I wanted to go shopping that night after work. Sure, why not? So that was our plan. Well for some unknown heavenly God-inspired reason I guess we didn't end up going. I have no idea why really. So instead I had laundry at Jeremey's apt that I needed to get and I needed to study for finals anyway. I was going to get the laundry and just go home.

My friend Heather (who was also the coworker) and I arrive at the apt and the boys are acting so weird. I grab my things and Im about to leave until suddenly Jeremey asks me if I want to walk to the mailbox with him. Ok sure? 
'Meanwhile, Heather's fiance is rushing her out the door while I am trying to tell her to grab me some dinner at the store. We are both thinking, Can you guys chill for a sec while we figure out what we want for dinner!? So weird we had no idea.

So as we walk to the mailbox I kind of figure out what is going on. Jeremey is acting so strange. But, we get there and back...and nothing! What a trick!!


We then decide to walk to the park, which was like right next to the apartments. I knew what was going on now. Seriously, it had to be happening! He gets out of the car and something falls out of his pocket, I say umm, what was that? He so cooly says, "oh just my phone." yeah right!


My favorite thing to do at the park is swing. We go to the swings and he pushes me and pushes me and in my head Im expecting to turn around and see him on one knee any moment. Magical right? Well it STILL doesnt happen! Sheesh! We talk about the day and such and start walking back to the car just like nothing at all. (I was secretly disappointed, I really thought I had guessed wrong again!)

As we are walking back, I tend to walk fast so I am ahead of him, I look back and he is sitting right next to the swing I was on, on one knee. Perfect! I kind of walk back to of course smiling from ear to ear, I heard that magical question and I said seriously!? Yes!


And that was that. Heather came back with my dinner. Her fiance knew the whole time obviously. We had some cupcakes to celebrate!

            I had chosen a ring that I thought I wanted but this one I had never even looked at. It was perfect.

                                            My roommates at the time were also very excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment